Are you a Software Engineer tired of working on the same-old product day-in-day-out? An opportunity with REPL means you get to work on a variety of products, all focused on bettering processes within the Retail domain for large, high-street brands. As a consumer-led, ever-changing market, the retail industry demands innovative and inspiring technology solutions. REPL recognises this and it builds the foundation on which we work. We are committed to using new technology where appropriate, currently working with Big Data and Machine Learning.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to develop and support our Azure hosted RESTful services platform and will provide opportunities to work on many large, innovative development projects with leading UK and global companies. You need to be a remarkable software engineer, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. As a team player, you’ll fit straight into our open, collaborative, egoless working environment.
The Development Services team is primarily based in our offices in Henley-in-Arden and Warwick, but you may be required to travel and work on-site with some of our customers. In our offices you can help yourself to our hot and fizzy drinks, fruit and toast in the morning and why not have your meeting over a game of pool?
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognise the value of an inclusive workforce and particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of C# and a strong understanding of OO development, patterns and practices
- Commercial experience developing RESTful services; must have a concrete understanding of restful principles
- Excellent knowledge of service development using the .Net framework
- Uses good software practices (e.g. TDD, mocking) on a daily basis
- Database design and development (e.g. SQL)
- Experienced in applying SOLID and DRY software design principles
- Comfortable taking responsibility for building and testing features that will be delivered to end users
- Analytical thinking, good decision-making skills
- The ability to analyse and debug existing code in terms of functionality and performance
- The ability to communicate effectively both inside and outside of the technical team
- The ability to quickly learn and adjust to new technologies and processes
- The ability to deliver clear, concise, well-structured code that adheres to commercial standards
- Take accountability, responsibility and be passionate for quality team delivery
- Strong team building and personal skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team
You will also have some experience of, or a desire to learn about the following:
- A working understanding of Agile software development practices e.g. Scrum, KanBan, XP
- Experience in scaling services
- Microsoft Entity framework
- Working with Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Web API or ASP.Net
- Modern software development practices e.g. TDD, BDD, Pairing
- CI and build tools e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, MSBuild
- Version control solutions e.g. Git, Mercurial
- Databricks, Machine Learning and Spark
- Design patterns (e.g. factory)
- Bring your passion, curiosity, talent and innovative ideas and we will give you an environment full of challenges to flourish in.