As an IT Project Manager, you will take total accountability for planning, structuring, leading and executing one large or multiple medium-sized Retail IT projects, around WFM (workforce management) systems ensuring that technical solutions are delivered to plan, budget and meet REPL quality standards.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognise the value of an inclusive workforce and particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing:
- To understand the clients’ business, goals and philosophy.
- To work closely with a REPL Consulting Director to plan projects with specific reference to scope, architecture, expenditure, management of suppliers & other third parties, delivery milestones and reporting to client management.
- To monitor project progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- To manage the project’s budget, monitoring actual expenditure and costs against implemented solutions.
- To ensure that delivery is at the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan.
- To be responsible for the quality assurance and overall integrity of the project, managing risks to the successful outcome including dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
- To manage third party contributions to the project, if appropriate.
- To become the undisputed key point of contact for the client and to communicate with all stakeholders.
- To position REPL for future business development and sales opportunities.
- To grow and mentor the project team of client and REPL staff.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of WFM/IT Project Management with experience of design, build, test and rollout phases of a project.
- Confident with all aspects of warehouse management operations and comfortable dealing with Developers, Architects, Testers and System Configurers.
- The ability to interact professionally and credibly with clients
- Ability to manage large teams across multiple sites and create a sense of teamwork by pulling together the different subordinates and colleagues who may be unfamiliar with each other and from and dissimilar cultures.
- Personally credible with an authoritative and persuasive presentation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated but a good team member who values being part of the wider REPL management cadre.
- Highly organised and able to cope with multiple responsibilities.
- Driven, highly focussed and want to progress quickly.
- Able to work away from home / abroad during the working week
- Native/Fluent Japanese & English language both written and speaking
It would be ideal if you had:
- Practical and “hands-on” knowledge of implementing WFM systems.
- Prince 2 or PMP qualified with experience of both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- End to end WFM knowledge
- Strong technical skills
Does this sound like the right challenge for you?