Are you a REMARKABLE junior lawyer (NQ to 2-year PQE) looking to gain in-house experience at a rapidly expanding tech company? This is an exciting opportunity to join REPL’s Legal Team where no two days are the same!
REPL’s Legal Team works with all areas of the business to help achieve its goals and continue to grow and succeed. Although most of the work has a commercial focus, it covers a broad area and you’ll be required to advise on matters such as software licensing, employment law, data protection and corporate governance. The work is challenging and engaging, and whilst we’re looking for someone who can work independently, you’ll always be well supported by the other members of the team.
REPL is an equal opportunity employer and we know the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have very active communities for Women in Tech, Ethnic Diversity and Active Inclusion, Automation and Innovation and we are also actively involved in the local community.
What you will be expected to do:
- Work with the Legal Team on a wide range of projects across the business and interact with a diverse team of stakeholders from sales to the People Team, and software developers to the CEO.
- Advise on a broad range of legal matters, with a focus on commercial law but covering other areas as required.
- Draft commercial agreements ensuring that risk is mitigated whilst at the same time engaging in a proactive manner to help get the deal done.
- Manage the Legal Team’s digital contract management system.
- Legal research in areas which affect the business.
- Develop, implement, and update relevant legal policies and guidelines.
What we’re looking for:
- A qualified solicitor between NQ level and 2 years’ PQE.
- You will have had solid training in commercial law, either in-house or in private practice.
- A great attitude to work, someone who is willing to go the extra mile.
- Good attention to detail and well organised.
- Commercial awareness, and the ability to tackle legal problems creatively.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
- A team player and excellent communicator with the ability to build and manage relationships.
You may also have experience in, or a desire to learn about the following:
- Experience working with clients in the consultancy or retail sectors.
- Experience in IT law, especially software contracts.