We are looking for a technical individual who has demonstrable skills working on large global programmes to join our team in Cape Town. As a Defect Manager, you will be responsible for updating the agreed defect logging tool with all test scripts, defect management tracking and reporting to stakeholders for all projects and suppliers relating to testing.
You will ensure that:
- All defects are logged upon receipt with full descriptions and scenario, including logs
- You report to the business and 3rd party software providers all outstanding issues and their priorities on a daily/weekly basis
- All released defects are reported to the test manager/lead for retesting when new code is received
- Once defects are retested, they are either closed or re-opened and escalated to the relevant party.
We’re looking for an individual who:
- Has demonstrable skills working on large global programmes
- Can show experience of implementing proactive trend analysis
- Has experience with BI reporting
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills with customers and senior stakeholders
- Is prepared to work flexible hours due to global customers
- As an equal opportunity employer, we recognise the value of an inclusive workforce and particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing:
- Administration of the nominated defect tracking tool along with ensuring that all defects are entered accurately
- Owning and chairing daily defect calls with lead Development, Test, Operational Teams and the customer, and to provide clear minutes and actions quickly
- Definition, ownership and management of the Defect Process.
- Maintaining absolute integrity of the defect database and ensuring a full audit trail for any changes made to defect status outside of the published defect process.
- Sending defect tracking and update reports and reporting into senior stakeholders on a regular basis
- Preparation, documentation, booking and ownership for all agreed Quality Gates.
- Establishing and agreeing robust acceptance criteria for each element of defect management
- Deep understanding of Agile and how Defect Management fits
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction throughout defect management and reporting.
- Ensuring all software development project and support ‘stakeholders’ are identified and sufficiently informed and involved during all stages of the project and ongoing service.
- Identifying and effect opportunities to improve profitability around defect tracking and reporting
- Supporting the induction and orientation of new personnel within the team to ensure high levels of full understanding of processes and work practices around Defect Management
What we’re looking for
- Prior global programme experience as a Defect Manager
- Familiar with common testing concepts, principles, approaches, tools and methods such as the SDLC and the Agile Framework, JIRA, Confluence, ALM & ADO
- Working with defined planning and control processes
- Strong communication skills with staff and customers at all levels, including listening and providing answers
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience of working with third party suppliers
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams, composed of System Integrator, Supplier and customer
- Familiar with systems development lifecycle
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Experience with Point of Sale and Back-office systems
- ISTQB Foundation level certification
- Awareness of Information Security ISO27001
- Awareness if EU GDPR Data Protection
It would also be ideal if you had
- Understanding of quality management processes, including assurance
- International work experience