graduate test consultant
We’re looking for graduates to join us as test consultants, where you’ll gain insight into delivering full complex test cycles across multiple software releases on several retail delivery projects. You’ll be given full training alongside the opportunity to complete your ISTQB qualification 6 months into the programme. Graduate recruitment plays an integral part in our development and we fully understand the importance of progressing the careers of inspirational and talented individuals and realize just how powerful this can be in shaping the leaders of our future. Our unique culture and structure will encourage your creativity, nurture your commercial drive and hone your leadership potential. You’ll be expected to make an impact and influence colleagues and clients alike, and while teamwork is essential, you’ll also be accountable so there’s huge scope to make a real impact right from the start.What sort of things will you be getting involved in?
The Graduate Test Analyst will be involved in all aspects of testing throughout the project life cycle, from initial development testing through to final acceptance. This will include:
- Performing test-related tasks for the key test deliverables, working with colleagues, suppliers and customer resources as required.
- Maintaining a strong relationship with the key stakeholders and act as a point of contact for test-related activities within the Scrum or Test Team.
- Develop test conditions, scenarios, cases and scripts according to the specific test phases (e.g. System Test, Integration Test, etc.).
- Utilise both manual and automated testing, as appropriate.
- Execute training both internally and to clients.
- Support go-live and roll-out of solution.
The Warwick Test Service strives to create a sense of community between the team members. To achieve this, the social committee makes sure regular events happen in the office and virtually, where everyone can get involved. We can’t wait to put on more events post COVID restrictions but some examples of events in the past include:
What we’re looking for
- Team lunches
- Seasonal celebrations (Halloween, Diwali, Christmas)
- Fun activity afternoons out
- Meals out to celebrate project achievements
- Recognition of amazing work via Employee of the Month
- Charity fundraising events (Christmas Jumper Day, Children in Need)
- Academic achievement – preferably you’ll have a STEM-related degree, however, if you have a strong academic record, are passionate about pursuing a career in test and are willing to learn then we want to hear from you.
- Interests outside of University – what makes you stand out from the crowd and why are you remarkable?
- Work experience – you’ll ideally have gained some level of work experience with retail sector exposure advantageous.
- Flexibility and ability to travel – The opportunity is based in either Warwick or London however travel is fundamental to the role (post-COVID); you’ll view this as an invaluable opportunity to develop your experience, increase your commerciality and exposure to different working environments.
- For 18 months, you’ll be part of our supportive graduate community which offers a combination of training and development opportunities as well as graduate days and socials. Throughout the graduate consultant programme, we’ll review your progress, with regular salary increments to reflect your development and depth of experience. On successful completion, you’ll become a Senior Consultant with all the additional responsibility and further opportunity to learn/grow that comes hand in hand with promotion.
REPL is an equal opportunity employer and we know the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have very active communities for Women in Tech, Automation and Innovation and we are also actively involved in the local community. As such, we particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.