Are you a passionate person looking to make a real impact at a business that believes in doing right by their employees, their customers and the wider world?
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the CSR and Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for developing an effective internal communications plan that considers diverse employee needs and tailors communication vehicles to their job duties. You will also be responsible for driving, coordinating and communicating the business’s corporate social responsibility. You will need to be a prolific and talented content creator in order to write and produce content to be used internally and externally. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior managers
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email newsletter. You may also be required to work on the layout of content.
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation
- Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organisation, either face to face or through regular written communication
- Ensure that the organization is open to employees from all different walks of life
- Reinforce the social responsibility policies of the company through internal communication
- Attract new recruits by ensuring a positive public perception of the company
- Ensure that promotion from within is taken seriously by management
- Confer with Internal Compliance personnel to ensure policies and best practices are in place to minimize risk to the public
- Confer with the Marketing department to oversee company branding
- Communicate to the public through marketing and public relations efforts that social responsibility is taken seriously
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint, etc.)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale communications strategies and tactics
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts