As an IT Project Manager, you will take total accountability for planning, structuring, leading and executing one large or multiple medium-sized Retail IT projects, this could be around eCommerce, mobile, multichannel, POS, payments or cards systems ensuring that technical solutions are delivered to plan, budget and meet REPL quality standards. Consulting or retail experience is essential as well as readiness to travel to client sites.
REPL is an equal opportunity employer, and we know the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have very active communities for Women in Tech, Automation and Innovation and we are also actively involved in the local community. As such, we particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- To understand the clients’ business, goals and philosophy.
- To work closely with a REPL Consulting Director to plan projects with specific reference to scope, architecture, expenditure, management of suppliers & other third parties, delivery milestones and reporting to client management.
- To monitor project progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- To manage the project’s budget, monitoring actual expenditure and costs against implemented solutions.
- To ensure that delivery is at the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan.
- To be responsible for the quality assurance and overall integrity of the project, managing risks to the successful outcome including dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
- To manage third party contributions to the project, if appropriate.
- To become the undisputed key point of contact for the client and to communicate with all stakeholders.
- To position REPL for future business development and sales opportunities.
- To grow and mentor the project team of client and REPL staff.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable experience working in a challenging consultancy environment with strong skills and experiences project management
- The ability to interact professionally and credibly with clients
- Ability to manage large teams across multiple sites and create a sense of teamwork by pulling together the different subordinates and colleagues who may be unfamiliar with each other and from and dissimilar cultures.
- Personally, credible with an authoritative and persuasive presentation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated but a good team member who values being part of the wider REPL management cadre.
- Highly organised and able to cope with multiple responsibilities.
- Driven, highly focussed and want to progress quickly.
- Able to work away from home / abroad during the working week
Does this sound like the right challenge for you?