Senior DevOps Engineer (Jenkins).
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to support our growing customer base on many large, innovative software projects with well-known high street brands. You will be remarkable, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. As a team player, you will fit straight into our open, collaborative, no-fear, egoless working environment.
The main purpose of this role is to take responsibility for designing, developing, testing and maintaining infrastructure and DevOps build and release pipelines for our customers in line with REPLs guidelines and best practices. You will be part of the Development Services team where you will be working with a varied set of colleagues ranging from developers, QA’s, SDETs to PO’s, PM’s, BA’s while also interacting directly with customer teams.
What we’re looking for:
- DevOps delivery experience including the use of automation tools and containerisation to deliver CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Commercial experience of monitoring, maintaining, and scaling AWS-hosted infrastructure.
- Comfortable taking responsibility for building and testing pipelines that will be used for both development and production deployments.
- Experience with RedHat Linux and open-source languages like Java, Groovy, Gradle etc.
- Experience using version control frameworks such as Git or Mercurial.
- The ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and decision-making skills
- The ability to analyse existing pipelines in terms of functionality and performance
- The ability to communicate effectively both inside and outside of the technical team.
- The ability to quickly learn and adjust to new technologies and processes.
- Take accountability, responsibility for delivering high quality maintainable solutions.
It would be great if you had/ a desire to learn about:
- Other DevOps platforms such asAzure DevOps, Bamboo, MSBuild etc
- Build tools and scripting experience in python, YAML, Bash, PowerShell etc
- Containerisation with docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with databases like oracle
- Experience with Agile project management tools such as Jira, Azure Boards etc
- A working understanding of Agile software development practices eg. Scrum, KanBan
- AWS Certifications (SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Security, Developer)
REPL is an equal opportunity employer, and we know the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have very active communities for Women in Tech, Automation and Innovation and we are also actively involved in the local community. As such, we particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Bring your passion, curiosity, talent and innovative ideas and we will give you an environment full of opportunities to flourish in.