We’d love to talk to Senior IT Programme Managers keen to progress their careers in a visionary, highly successful consultancy. You’ll already be achieving big results in your own right but may be looking to move your career to the next level, working with an organisation focused on delivering the exceptional both to our clients and our team. Perhaps you’re looking for a genuine opportunity to be recognised, add value and take ownership of your development in a collaborative working environment. Or looking for an opportunity to move to a smaller but growing consultancy where you can take your career to the next level with a globally recognised leader in retail tech.
The main purpose of the role is to take responsibility for planning, leading and delivering large scale, complex IT programmes, managing our client’s expectation, while meeting REPL’s profitability criteria and to develop further business from existing or new clients.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognise the value of an inclusive workforce and particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand the client’s business, goals and philosophy.
- Form trusted advisor relationships with clients, developing an entire area of REPL’s business or capability and developing the accounts, teams, people, knowledge, relationships in that area.
- Lead programmes, managing staff performance on current projects in the near term and mentoring consultants over the longer term.
- Manage third party contributions and dependencies where required.
- Monitor programme and project progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Manage budgets, monitoring actual expenditure and costs against implemented solutions.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Previous experience as an IT Programme Manager or Senior Project Manager initiating and managing programs in excess of R50m or in excess of 50 people
- In-depth retail systems experience across a range of retail clients
- PRINCE2 or PMP qualified
- Practical experience of leading large scale system integration in a commercial environment involving the following:
- Programme setup/org structures
- Governance setup
- Program Management
- Software Project Management
- Project Delivery
- System Architecture
- Store Systems implementation
- Solution Architecture
- Software Development Management
- Infrastructure knowledge
- Large scale deployment
- Sales process experience
- Experience of Agile methodologies especially Agile project management, but also needs to know when to apply more traditional methods
- Takes ownership of problems driving through to resolution
- Personally credible: an excellent communicator with strong influencing skills
- Creative and driven
It will be a bonus if you have:
- Experience with a top 10 Consulting/Systems integration company
- Retail industry experience e.g. experience with Point of Sale, instore stock management systems, Mobile applications, Card Systems
- Experience in the Petrol/Fuel industry with a big oil retailer
From development background