senior software engineer
Are you a Senior Software Engineer looking to elevate your skills and thrive in a supportive, fast-paced, and dynamic environment? Where the work you do drives real, innovative, meaningful, and valued outputs?
Working with REPL, we will nurture your talent, working in highly collaborative teams on a variety of projects and products, all focused on delivering cutting-edge, market-leading solutions within the Retail domain for large, global brands. As a consumer-led, ever-changing market, the retail industry demands innovative and inspiring tech solutions. This is the foundation of the REPL ethos and shapes the way in which we work. We are passionate about using new technology and have embraced DevOps, Big Data and Machine Learning within our products.About the role
We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to support our growing customer base on many large, innovative development projects with well-known high street brands. You will be remarkable, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. As a team player, you will fit straight into our open, collaborative, no-fear, egoless working environment.
REPL is an equal opportunity employer and we know the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have very active communities for Women in Tech, Automation and Innovation and we are also actively involved in the local community.
We offer a flexible working environment. The majority of our Development Services team are based in our offices in Henley-in-Arden, Warwick, London but we are also now expanding to South Africa. An average week may be split between the office and working at home but as we are a consulting business you also may also be required to travel and work on-site with some of our customers. Required skills/experience:
You will also have some experience of, or a desire to learn about the following:
- Excellent knowledge of C# or Java and a strong understanding of OO development, patterns, and practices
- Excellent knowledge of service development using the .NET (Core or framework)
- DevOps delivery experience including the use of automation tools and containerisation to deliver CI/CD pipelines.
- Database design and development (e.g. SQL, MongoDB)
- Comfortable taking responsibility for building and testing features that will be delivered to end users
- Analytical thinking, good decision-making skills
- The ability to analyse and debug existing code in terms of functionality and performance
- The ability to communicate effectively both inside and outside of the technical team.
- The ability to quickly learn and adjust to new technologies and processes
- The ability to deliver clear, concise, well-structured code that adheres to commercial standards
- Take accountability, responsibility and be passionate for quality team delivery
- Strong team building and personal skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team
- A working understanding of Agile software development practices eg. Scrum, KanBan, XP
- Has had experience in scaling services.
- Microsoft Entity framework
- Working with Microsoft Azure
- Working with AWS
- Microsoft Web API or ASP.Net
- Modern software development practices eg. TDD, BDD, Pairing
- CI and build tools eg. Jenkins, Bamboo, MSBuild
- Version control solutions eg. Git, Mercurial
Bring your passion, curiosity, talent and innovative ideas and we will give you an environment full of challenges to flourish in.