Are you a Senior Software Engineer looking to elevate your skills and thrive in a supportive, fast-paced and dynamic environment? Where the work you do drives real, innovative, meaningful, and valued outputs?
Working at with REPL, we’ll nurture your talent, working in highly collaborative teams on a variety of projects and products, all focused on delivering cutting-edge, market-leading solutions within the Retail domain for large, global brands. As a consumer-led, ever-changing market, the retail industry demands innovative and inspiring tech solutions. This is the foundation of the REPL ethos and shapes the way in which we work. We are passionate about using new technology and have embraced DevOps, Big Data and Machine Learning within our products.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to develop and support our Azure hosted RESTful services platform and will provide opportunities to work on many large, innovative development projects with well-known high street brands. You will be remarkable, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. As a team player, you will fit straight into our open, collaborative, no-fear, egoless working environment.
REPL is an equal opportunity employer and we know the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have very active communities for Women in Tech, Automation and Innovation and we are also actively involved in the local community.
We offer a flexible working environment. The majority of our Development Services team are based in our offices in Henley-in-Arden, Warwick and London. An average week may be split between the office and working at home. As we are a consulting business you also may also be required to travel and work on-site with some of our customers.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of C# and a strong understanding of OO development, patterns and practices
- Commercial experience developing RESTful services. Must have a concrete understanding of restful principles.
- Excellent knowledge of service development using the .NET framework
- Good software practices (e.g TDD, mocking) on a daily basis.
- DevOps delivery experience including the use of automation tools to deliver CI/CD pipelines.
- Database design and development (e.g. SQL)
- Comfortable taking responsibility for building and testing features that will be delivered to end users
- Analytical thinking, good decision-making skills
- The ability to analyse and debug existing code in terms of functionality and performance
- The ability to communicate effectively both inside and outside of the technical team.
- The ability to quickly learn and adjust to new technologies and processes
- The ability to deliver clear, concise, well-structured code that adheres to commercial standards
- Take accountability, responsibility and be passionate for quality team delivery
- Strong team building and personal skills
You will also have some experience of, or a desire to learn about the following:
- A working understanding of Agile software development practices eg. Scrum, KanBan, XP
- Has had experience in scaling services.
- Microsoft Entity framework
- Working with Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Web API or ASP.Net
- Modern software development practices eg. TDD, BDD, Pairing
- CI and build tools eg. Jenkins, Bamboo, MSBuild
- Version control solutions eg. Git, Mercurial
Bring your passion, curiosity, talent and innovative ideas and we will give you an environment full of challenges to flourish in.