technical business analyst.
REPL are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join the team. To succeed in this role, you must have a logical mindset, a strong understanding of how different systems work, be proactive with strong interpersonal skills and team working ability.
You’ll be involved in the full project lifecycle of systems development and will work on a number of retail IT projects. You don’t need to be a developer or a solution architect, but you must not be intimidated by system architecture diagrams and technical specs. You’ll be responsible for meeting with clients, documenting their requirements, process mapping, system mapping, user experience mapping, data analysis, and presenting results to client demonstrating a recognised structured approach.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with both business and technical stakeholders to identify, assess and document business requirements
- Use your technology expertise, business acumen and logical mindset to help define customer journeys, app features, UX/UI design, and system integration in order to produce high quality IT solutions for our clients
- Write complete, concise and actionable user stories that capture business needs, improves user experiences and are in line with proposed solution architecture
- Ensure that technical specs produced by technical leads are reflective of the user stories and meet both business and architectural requirements
- Apply robust organisational and communication skills to coordinate people from other teams and other companies
- Help developers to perform root cause analysis to identify the source of defects
- Engage with Product Owners and ensure the product backlog is properly groomed and ready for development
- Assist Quality Management team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed
- Facilitate implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate documentation
What we're looking for:
- Strong background in Retail and/or a Consulting background
- Strong business and systems analysis skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures.
- Ability to understand and apply common, object-oriented modelling techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical / implementation levels
- Able to organise, coordinate, and direct users and teams
- Excellent presentation skills
It would be great if you also have…
- Domain of agile methodology, its ceremonies, structure and tools (Jira, Azure DevOps)
- Knowledge of programming – know what a function is, or what types of variables there are, how to write an IF statement whether than knowing any specific programming language
- Strong understanding of system integration specially webservices (Rest API, GraphQL)
- Strong understanding of databases (structure, standards)
- Familiar with cloud computing (AWS, Azure)
- Great UX design skills and exposure to design software such as Adobe XS and Figma
Why join REPL? We are strongly committed to our most valuable assets, you and our team of expert consultants. We firmly believe in happiness at work, it might sound elusive, but this principal guides our entire resourcing policy. Work-live balance is more than an industry jargon for us, it’s a core value!
We care about your career, so at REPL you will have the opportunity to learn on the job. Working for industry leading organisations, using cutting edge technology and developing real innovative solutions is what you can expect from this opportunity. We offer a remarkable range of training opportunities and clear career paths, so by starting as a Technical Business Analyst, soon you can become a Solutions Architect, a Technical Project Manager or a highly specialised Business Consultant/Analyst, the choice is yours.
REPL is an equal opportunity employer, and we know the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have very active communities for Women in Tech, Automation and Innovation and we are also actively involved in the local community. As such, we particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.