technical graduate consultant
Graduate recruitment plays an integral part of our development and we fully understand the importance of progressing the careers of inspirational and talented individuals and realize just how powerful this can be in shaping the leaders of our future. Our unique culture and structure will encourage your creativity, nurture your commercial drive and hone your leadership potential. You’ll be expected to make an impact and influence colleagues and clients alike, and while teamwork is essential, you’ll also be accountable so there’s huge scope to make a real impact right from the start.
You’ll gain unlimited learning and development opportunities, supporting a variety of key activities across the delivery lifecycle of one of our many projects such as with Aldi, Starbucks, Arcadia or Greggs. Your day to day role will need to work closely with software developers and may be involved in learning/doing some minor development work, but this is not a software developer position.
For 18 months, you’ll be part of our supportive graduate community which offers a combination of training and development opportunities as well as graduate days and socials. Throughout the graduate consultant programme, we’ll review your progress, with regular salary increments to reflect your development and depth of experience. On successful completion, you’ll become a Senior Consultant with all the additional responsibility and further opportunity to learn/grow that comes hand in hand with promotion.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognise the value of an inclusive workforce and particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.What you’ll be doing:
Core consulting skills we’re looking for:
- Contribute expertise to the process of capturing, clarifying and managing requirements for large IT systems.
- Combine broad IT expertise and problem-solving skills to design elements of IT systems.
- Apply robust organisational and communication skills to coordinate people from other teams and other companies.
- Ensure systems are built in line with technical specifications.
- On occasion, configure or deploy components of IT systems.
- Do all the above for our clients, often at their own premises.
- Do all the above as part of project teams that are a mix of REPL colleagues, client and supplier staff.
- Continue to learn more technical skills; both with assistance from REPL management and through self-directed learning
- Good communication, literacy, and professional interpersonal manner
- Ability to work independently & take the initiative
- Desire to work in consulting & ambition to progress over time
Experience with any of these skills would be helpful, though they are not all expected. On the other hand, a candidate who does not know what these terms mean is unlikely to be suitable:
- Ideally, a formal education (e.g. Batchelor’s degree) in Computer Science or an overlapping or related technical discipline
- Any formal qualifications in software development, IT architecture or project management (especially Agile methods)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment; that is: tools for automating software build and deployment processes
- Experience working on a major commodity cloud platform (especially Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with IT work/requirement/test management tools (e.g. Microsoft Azure DevOps, Atlassian JIRA)
- Experience with web service/HTTP APIs
- Experience with electronic payments technology
- Experience with structured data storage (relational databases, non-relational databases, caches, data lakes, etc.